4/10/2015

Doris Envy! L.A. Frockstars Thoughts on the Chicago Trip

After watching last night's episode of L.A. Frock Stars on Smithsonian ....!!! oh my !!!... I had complete and total Doris envy! On this episode, her team had been personally invited to a Chicago estate to explore the closets of an estate liquidator's client.  The deceased in this case had been a social butterfly ... a Chicago socialite ...and an in demand Dior high fashion model from back in the oh SO fashionably glamorous days of the 1970's and 1980's... and speaking of back in the day ... the home was a kitsch-ville dream too!  There were wild cat rugs, pink, black, and purple walls.... I think the staircase was spiral, but don't quote me on that.... lots of amazing trinkets and art... lots and lots of stuff! The niece of the deceased was present to help show them around, as well as the estate liquidator (wearing the Chanel shoes out in the driveway no less! smh)... I can only imagine what it must have been like to have had such a marvelous and fashionable aunt as a kid! Like a disco era Auntie Mame perhaps? Believe me... these were the closets ANY little girl would want to play in for hours on end.  Ah digress... so then they got to the closets... oh oh and OH! There was an accessory room for alllllllll the gorgeous jewelry ...there were amazing hats.... LOTS and LOTS of hats... from beaded to disco to feathered to plastics! ... and then .... the closets! If I were Doris...after 5 minutes... I would have been making arrangements to rent the largest u-haul truck I could legally drive .... backed it up to the front door...and filled it... filled it to the point I could barely shut the door. It was dream-ville for someone like her and anyone that loves fashion. I didn't blame them one bit for doing a little dress-up and trying on all the hats and capes they could find!  You'll just have to see the episode ..... checkout the Smithsonian site for the schedule

 I think I'm in shock that they shipped their purchases back to LA...in big boxes... I mean ... certain things... I just don't know about that one. I think they used FedEx to ship back... "all 14 boxes" ...(oh yes...I was looking hard at the delivery man's uniform at the end of the episode.... a trusted shipper of Doris Raymond is a shipper I'll trust too).  I would have personally made a roadtrip out of the event and driven my overloaded u-haul truck back to L.A. ....with my priceless vintage fashions... but maybe that's just a tad dramatic? :)

Happy Friday! 
later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts? question? comment?